The Girl Scouts of the Philippines will mark its 75th anniversary on May 26, 2015.
Since 1940, GSP has been true to its mission of helping girls and young women realize the ideals of womanhood, and prepare themselves for their responsibilities in the home, the nation, and the world community.
As part of its celebration, GSP will conduct the that aims to recognize former and active Girl Scouts for their notable achievements within and outside the GSP movement as well as their continuous efforts to contribute positively to social, economic, environmental, and cultural development of their communities and the country as a whole.
Nominations are open to former or active Girl Scouts who meet the following criteria:
- aged 21 to 35 years old
- have contributed outstanding work/services in her profession, career, school, or community
- is committed to upholding the Girl Scout Promise and Law as a way of life
- endorsed by the Council and Region
Nominees must submit the following:
- accomplished Nomination Form with signatures/endorsements of the Council Executive/President and Regional Executive Director/Regional Chairperson
- certified true copy of Birth Certificate
– 2×2 ID photo
– Family photo
– Girl Scout photo
– other action photos in the nominee’s profession, career, school, or community
The regions are expected to submit at least 15 but not more than 20 nominees.
The final screening of the candidates will be coordinated by the National Program Committee and will be done at the National Headquarters by the Screening Committee on February 16, 2015.
The awarding ceremony will be held at the GSP Pilar Hidalgo Lim Auditorium during the anniversary program on May 26, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Each awardee will receive a Plaque of Recognition and a souvenir book.
All the requirements must be submitted to the National Headquarters c/o Program Division at email addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 30, 2015.
Should you have any other queries, you may call our Program Director, Mrs. Ginnie W. Oribiana with telephone numbers (02) 523-8331 to 42.